Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Oxford Museum of the History of Science

A couple of weekends ago, I had the opportunity to take a look around the Museum of the History of Science in Oxford. There were lots of interesting exhibits but here are a few that caught my eye.

First, a blackboard. A smart scientist called Albert Einstein visited Oxford. During his lecture - he used this blackboard. I was really thrilled to see Einstein's writing.

The formula? I'm not an expert, but I believe it shows the age of the Universe. The result of which holds up pretty well.

Here's a beautiful Marconiphone receiver.

And a Marconi transmitter!

Look at this gorgeous morse key! A 'grasshopper' design. Never seen anything like it.

An excellent visit! Highly recommended if you're in the Oxford area.

1 comment:

VE3WDM said...

Julie and I visited England last year for 6 weeks. We did get to Oxford but unfortunately did not make it to the Museum of the History of Science. Very nice and interesting pictures.
Mike

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails