Sunday, October 14, 2012

28MHz WSPR Day

It's ages since I played with WSPR, but inspired by Julian G4ILO's 28MHz WSPR results I thought I would give it a go.

I set the rig up with about 1 Watt out - a little over but I have quite a long feeder run to the Butternut. To start with, I doubted that it was working but then I heard G0MGM and he heard me - so it was obviously working!

Left things running throughout the day. My most distant report seemed to be around 3600km away; UA6AAK and 4X1RF around the same sort of distance. Some great reports from EA8FF in the latter part of the day.

Heard LU and T5 - but my 1W didn't get that far today!

Fun experiment which I will repeat!

1 comment:

VE3WDM said...

I too have been following Julians posts regarding 10m WSPR reports. It sure is a great band for DX when it is open. The power that is needed is very little when conditions are in favor of the band. I have to get WSPR up and running on my Mac to use with my Elecraft KX3. Try running less then a watt next time you may be surprise how far you get with WSPR.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails