Monday, March 22, 2010

@G4VXE - my radio 'only' Twitter account

I've been using Twitter on a regular basis for a couple of years now and find it a really good medium - which has resulted in getting to know lots of new people - in a very positive way. I use Twitter pretty generally and tend to talk about whatever's happening at the time; maybe commuting, beekeeping, gardening, astronomy or even amateur radio! Unlike some, I don't consider Twitter an avenue to just talk about radio. That would be dull!

I tend not to talk about radio in great detail because the vast majority of my Twitter followers aren't radio amateurs. Or at least if I do talk about radio I try to couch it in terms that might interest a more 'general' reader.

For a while now, I've been musing on creating a separate Twitter account that I will use solely for talking about amateur radio. I'll assume that anyone that follows that account will be interested in a little more detail about what I'm doing on the air - so will happily talk modes, frequencies and specifics.

If that sounds interesting to you, then you'll find the radio amateur 'me' on as G4VXE whereas the 'complete me' is tim_kirby

Hope to see you on Twitter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails