Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Which band/modes have you been active on this year?

This morning as I was heading to work, I thought it would be interesting to think about the different bands and modes that I've been active on this year. I think the list below is accurate(ish)



Most of the activity has been on VHF and UHF but with a few HF CW contacts thrown in, mostly in contests at weekends. No Digimodes activity this year, that I can remember! Must look at getting the computer and interface hooked up next year perhaps, as I do like RTTY, PSK and all the other modes. And I might sneak WSPR in towards the end of this year, if I get some time over the Christmas holidays.

A new band/mode combination for me this year was 50MHz FM, mostly using the GB3FX repeater in Farnham in the mornings, but with occasional simplex contacts as well as some tests through the new Bristol 50MHz repeater, GB3ZY.

VHF/UHF D-STAR provided a new interest too and it seems that activity levels are increasing, so I'm looking forward to expanding the numbers of contacts on those band/modes too.

I'm sure many of you will have beaten 20 band/mode combinations that I've been active on. Let me know!

2 comments:

Steve GW7AAV said...

FM – 28/50/70/144/433/1297
SSB – 3.5/5/7/14/18/21/24/28/50/144/432
PSK – 7/14

Total 19, so I am going to have to try and use some different data modes to get ahead of you. Maybe I will throw out a long wire at the radio club and try for a top band contact too or I could borrow some micro-wave gear. ;0)

Merry Christmas from me and mine to you and yours.

Tim said...

Hi Steve - great stuff! Some interesting ones there - particularly that 1297Mhz FM one.

What are you using and how much activity do you find?

Have a great Christmas!

Tim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails