Monday, March 23, 2009

Have you worked EP2IA recently? Don't QSL!

I had an e-mail from my friend, Roger, G3SXW just now. He asked me to pass on the following information. Clearly, if it turns out that the recent EP2IA activity is legit, then we'll let you know, but it doesn't look hopeful. Here's what Roger has to say;

"A station signing EP2IA has been QRV this week on 40 mtrs CW, asking for QSL via qrz.com. This was my call in the 1970's but I know nothing about the current operation. If the call-sign had been re-issued I would expect him to give a valid QSL route. But qrz.com points at G3SXW so I must conclude that this is a pirate operation.

Please help me to spread the word: PIRATE! I will receive many QSLs that will be returned to sender (extra work for me) and very disappointing for many DXers who think that they have worked a new country. There are some very selfish people in this world. "

Greetings - 73 de Roger/G3SXW.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails