Friday, October 31, 2008

GB3CB repeater now has ports on 29 and 70MHz

The Birmingham 70cms repeater, GB3CB now has ports on 29 and 70MHz. The idea has been to enhance local activity on the two bands.

The 29MHz port is on 29.530 and the 70MHz port is on 70.3625.

Rather than utilise a repeater shift, it looks like all you need to do is to transmit and receive on the port frequencies above.

I occasionally hear GB3CB from home on 433MHz, so it will be fun to see if I can hear anything on 29.530 when I'm driving around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GB3CB is not yet active on 4m or 10m.it will be several weeks before the new repeater is installed on site.
access will be simplex with ctcss 67.0Hz

John G8VIQ keeper GB3CB

Tim said...

Thanks for the update, John. It would be great if you come back here once it is - I know I'll be interested to see if I can hear it.

Tim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails