Monday, February 18, 2008

Chesterfield 70cms repeater heard in Didcot!

I always think it's nice to let repeater keepers know if you hear their repeater well out of the area that would normally be expected.

Hence the e-mail I sent to the repeater keeper of GB3EE in Chesterfield this evening:

Hi,

I'm sure you had lots of reports of reception of the Chesterfield repeater during the recent tropo opening, nevertheless, I thought you'd be interested to know that the repeater was easily audible here in Oxfordshire this evening. I first heard it in the car park at Sainsburys in Didcot and listened to the activity as I was driving up the A34 towards home in Longworth, IO91GQ.

I was using an FT8900 and a Diamond triband 6m/2m/70cms antenna on the car - nothing high gain!

Hope that's of interest.

73, Tim G4VXE

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails