Sunday, September 02, 2007

144Mhz Trophy - interesting conditions

I made a few contacts in the 144MHz trophy this weekend. Interesting conditions, particularly to the south. Several people I worked early on mentioned good conditions to Spain, so I poked the beam down there.

Sure enough I worked EA2BFM/P in IN83, which I was really delighted with. I also heard another station in IN93 at great strength, but he was tuning around and I didn't manage to snag him.

Quite a few French stations around, though I didn't work down to the Pyrenees - JN06 was about as far south-east as I heard. Didn't hear much from Germany this time round, though DK0PU was a good signal just before the contest!

So, all in all, an enjoyable and interesting couple of hours spent playing. It slightly irked that the VHF station wasn't solar powered, so I'm going to have to think about doing that!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails