Tuesday, June 26, 2007

SOTA Summits Map

Talking to Richard, G4ERP on the way home last night, I had the idea of creating a SOTA Summits map for Google Earth. It's not absolutely precise at the moment, because I derived the lat/lon from the locator square, so the summit may not be 'quite' where the map says! I'm after the lat/lon information for the summits and when I get it, I'll reissue the map.

In the meantime, you may find the following link of interest - at least it gives a good idea of where each of the summits is!

SOTA Summits for the UK

Remember - you need Google Earth on your machine to try this out.

1 comment:

Dan Baillie said...

Excellent work - well done, I had the same idea and searched to see if any one had done it, and you have, brilliantly :-)

73
Dan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails